33 Amazing Resistance Bands Exercises
Here Are Some Awesome Exercises Using Resistance Bands To Stay Fit On The Go!
These days everyone is on the go! So when you are on the go but, also want to work out these exercises will be great for you! Exercise bands come in a variety of sizes and tensions so that you can really challenge yourself and your muscles no matter what your fitness level might be. It is recommend to do at least 2-3 sets and 8-12 repetitions of each exercise.
COMPLETE LOOP BAND GUIDE | COMPLETE LONG BAND GUIDE | COMPLETE RESISTANCE BAND GUIDE
Lower Body Exercises
- 1. SQUATS: Place your feet on the band, with your feet apart at a distance slightly wider than your shoulder width. Hold the ends of the band in your hands. Bring the tops of the bands over each of your shoulders. With your chest up and stomach in, sit straight down and press your knees over your feet. Stand up again and repeat 8 to 12 times.
- 2. LEG EXTENSIONS: Loop the band on a low, hefty item like an incline bench. Place your ankle in the loop. Shift your feet so they are hip-width apart. Move your weight to the foot outside of the band and lift the looped foot from the floor. Straighten your left in front of you and put your foot back dow slowly. Repeat 8 to 12 times per leg.
- 3. LAY DOWN LEG CURL: Loop the band around a support. Lay down on your stomach and place your ankle in the loop, moving away enough from the anchor to make the band taut. Keeping your stomach muscles tight, bend your knee and bring your heel toward your glutes. Stretch your leg back out slowly. Repeat for 10 to 15 times on each leg.
- 4. BRIDGE: Loop a band just above your knees. Lay down on your back. Bend your knees to 90 degrees and place your feet on the floor. Lift your butt and hips until your torso and knees are a straight line. Repeat for 15 to 20 reps.
- 5. STANDING ADDUCTOR: Loop a band around a support. Stand sideways to the support, placing your far ankle in the loop. Widen your stance to create tension. Squat slightly and move your banded ankle past your other leg. You should squeeze your thighs together during this action. Return to the start and repeat for 12 to 15 reps.
- 6. CLAM: Lay on your back, holding your knees and hips at 90 degrees. Place your loop around your legs, just above your knees. Pull your knees apart, contract your glutes and hold for a few seconds. Repeat for 10 to 12 reps.
- 7. ANKLE FLEX: Loop a band around an anchor. Sit down with one leg out and wrap the loop around the top of that foot. Using your hands to hold your weight, slowly bend and flex your foot. You should feel a good stretch. Repeat for 10 to 12 reps.
- 8. LATERAL BAND WALK: Place your loop band around your legs and just above your ankles. Stand shoulder-width apart and squat halfway. Shift your weight to the left side and step sideways on your right leg. Repeat for 8 to 10 steps in each direction.
- 9. STANDING ABDUCTION: Loop your band around an ankle-height anchor. Face your left side to the anchor and place your outside ankle in the loop. Move your left leg back and slowly move your looped leg out to the side. Return to your starting position. Repeat this 15 to 20 times on each side.
- 10. SEATED ABDUCTION: Sit on the end of an armless chair or a bench. Loop a band around both of your legs, letting it rest just above your knees. Move your feet to slightly more than shoulder width apart. Press your knees out while shifting your feet in. Hold this position for two seconds and then move your knees back to the starting position. Do this 15 to 20 times.
- 11. DOUBLE-OVER ROW: Step on your band, shifting your feet so they are shoulder-width apart. Bend over at the waist and grab the ends of the band. Bending your elbows, pull the band toward your hips. Your elbows should be at a 90-degree angle and your shoulder blades should be together. Repeat for 10 to 12 reps.
- 12. SEATED ROW: Sit on the floor. Extend your legs and loop the band around the soles of your feet. Holding the band with both hands, face your palms together and extend your arms. Bend at the elbow and pull the bands to your stomach. Repeat for 10 to 12 reps.
- 13. PULL APART: Place your feet shoulder-width apart. Grab the middle of the band, keeping your hands aligned with your shoulders and place your palms down. Pull the band out until your shoulder blades contract. Repeat 8 to 10 times.
- 14. LYING PULLOVER: Loop the band on a low anchor. lying on your back, grab the band and stretch your arms above you. Pull the band overhead, making sure to cross your body until the end of the band reaches your knees. Repeat for 8 to 10 reps.
- 15. LAT PULL-DOWN: Anchor the band overhead. Kneel down and grab each end of the band. Bend your elbows. Pull the band down toward the floor until your hands reach your shoulders. Repeat for 10 to 12 reps.
- 16. PUSH-UP: Assume the plank position and place the band over your upper back. Loop the ends of the band over each thumb, and place your hands on the ground. Push up until your arms are fully extended. Do this 5 to 20 times.
- 17. INCLINE CHEST PRESS: Assume a lunge position with your right left forward. Step on the middle of the band with your left food. Grab the ends of the band and pull them to your shoulders. Push your arms up until they are fully extended. Repeat for 10 to 12 reps.
- 18. BENCH PRESS: Anchor a band on bench legs. Lie on your back on the band, and grab the bands so they are positioned at shoulder height. Extend your arms upwards, moving them slightly together at the apex. Do this for 10 to 12 reps.
- 19. STANDING CHEST PRESS: Loop the band around a sturdy support at chest height. Grab each end of the band, position your hands at chest height and step forward. Press the band in front of you until your arms are fully extended, with your palms down. Repeat for 12 to 15 reps.
- 20. OVERHEAD PRESS: Place your feet shoulder-width apart and step on the band. Grab each end and bring up the band to shoulder level with your palms facing each other. Press up, rotating your arms. Repeat for 8 to 10 reps.
- 21. FORWARD RAISE: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Place the middle of the band under your feet and grab each end at your sides. Make sure your palms are facing in and that your elbows are slight bent. Stretch your right arm in front of you at shoulder height. Do this for 8 to 12 reps on each arm.
- 22. LATERAL RAISE: Place your feet shoulder-width apart and step on the middle of the band. Grab each handle. Keeping your elbows bent a bit, left your arms out to the side until they reach your shoulder level. Repeat for 8 to 10 reps.
- 23. UPRIGHT ROW: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Place the middle of the band under your feet and grab each end at your sides. Lift the band to your shoulder level. Your elbows will be bent. Repeat for 10 to 12 reps.
- 24. REAR DELT FLY: Sit at the edge of a chair. Place your feet in the middle of the band. Grab each handle and then switch them to create an X. Bend forward and raise your arms up until they reach shoulder level. Do this 10 to 12 times.
- 25. CONCENTRATION CURLS: Do a right forward lunge. Place the middle of the band under your right foot. Resting your elbow on the inside of your right knee, curl the band up. Squeeze your biceps when the band gets toward your shoulder. Repeat 8 to 10 times for each arm, switching the lunge position for your left arm.
- 26. STANDING BICEP CURLS: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Place the middle of the band under your feet and grab each end at your sides. Make sure your palms are facing out. Pull your arms to your shoulders. Do this 12 to 15 times.
- 27. STANDING BICEP CURLS: Do a right forward lunge. Place the middle of the band under your right foot. Hold each end of the band in your hands, making sure your palms are facing behind you. Bend your arms at your elbows so that your forearms remain parallel. Press your arms down and push the band behind your body. Do this 8 to 10 times.
- 28. OVERHEAD TRICEPS EXTENSION: Sit on a chair. Loop the band behind your glutes and grab each end of the band. Stretch your arms and place your hands behind your neck before fully extending your arms. Do this 10 to 12 times.
- 29. KNEELING CRUNCH: Loop the band around a high anchor. Kneel and grab the ends of the band. Extend your elbows to your shoulder level and crunch down. Repeat 10 to 12 times.
- 30. WOODCHOPPERS: Loop the band around a high anchor. Stand with your left side toward the support and brag the free end of the band. Pull it across your body to the right while pivoting your right foot. Do this 8 to 10 times on each side.
- 31. WALKOUTS: Anchor a band so it sits just below your chest. Grab the band and squat slightly. Step laterally until the band is very tense, and then move back to your original position. Repeat 6 to 8 times on each side.
- 32. REVERSE CRUNCH: Loop the band on a low support. Lay down on your back and wrap your band around the tops of your feet. Bend your knees to 90 degrees. Pull your knees toward your shoulders. Do this 12 to 15 times.
- 33. TWIST: Sit on the floor. Extend your legs. Loop the band around the bottom of your feet and grab the ends. Bend your knees a bit and lean back to a 45-degree angle, keeping your feet on the floor. Move your arms so they touch one of your hips, then move them to your other hip. Do this for 10-12 times on each side.